Wind power forecasting 2013
From R&D to commercial offering – a 360° view of present and future
150 specialists from 28 countries attended EWEA’s second technology workshop in 2013, organised in response to requests from EWEA members.
The workshop covered topics including:
- The end users’ requirements
- Numerical weather prediction models
- Wind power forecasting models and operational systems
- Integrating forecasts in business processes
- How important will forecasting be at 200 GW?
The programme also included the results of the Benchmarking Exercise on Short-term Forecasting Model for Renewable Generation, that is part of the COST Action ES1002 WIRE: Weather Intelligence for Renewable Energies.