REserviceS will develop a reference basis and policy guidelines for future network codes and market design in the area of ancillary services from variable renewables. It is funded by the Intelligent Energy - Europe programme and EWEA is the coordinator.
Running time: April 2012 – September 2014
The consortium will first analyse both the system needs for Ancillary Services, as well as the techno-economic aspects of provision of Ancillary Services by wind and solar PV. From there, REserviceS will deliver a European harmonised cost basis for Ancillary Services provided by wind and solar PV.
The need for services in different scenarios and the costs and options to deliver these services will be investigated through case studies. The results of REserviceS will support and efficiently functioning EU single electricity market with cost-efficient integration of variable renewables, and increased grid management and system security.
- European Wind Energy Association - EWEA (BE)
- European Photovoltaic Industry Association - EPIA (BE)
- 3E (BE)
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland (FI)
- Fraunhofer IWES (DE)
- Acciona Energia (ES)
- National University of Ireland - University College Dublin (IE)
- DTU Wind Energy (DK)
- European Distribution System Operators for Smart Grids - EDSO4SG (BE)
- Mainstream Renewable Power (IE)
- SMA Solar Technology (DE)
- GE Wind Energy (DE)