- 01/10/2014 EWEA welcomes Siemens' Markus Tacke as new chairman of the board
- 30/09/2014 A 50% share of variable renewables can save up to 6% on system costs
- 10/09/2014 EWEA calls on new Commissioner-designates to take the reins on Europe's energy future
- 28/08/2014 IEA questions impact of a non-binding renewable energy target for Europe
- 23/07/2014 Europe’s installed wind capacity will increase 64% by 2020
- See more news »
- 31/07/14Where will wind energy be in 2020?
- 10/07/14Top EU journalists join EWEA trip to Portugal
- 30/06/14Large international gathering attends EWEA’s summer reception
- 12/06/14Donate to charity? Buy lemon pie? What would you do with €2?
- 04/06/14US and China to cut power plant emissions
- 30/05/14Millions of workers call for climate action
- 16/05/14“Boost energy independence with higher renewables targets”, associations tell Barroso
- 13/05/14Price of cutting power sector emissions hits $44 trillion
EWEA's previous wind energy scenarios were published in 2009 ("Pure Power 2") following the adoption of the...
REserviceS was the first project to investigate wind and solar based grid support services at EU level. It provides...
EWEA saw some significant developments in 2013 with Thomas Becker becoming its new CEO, and Andrew Garrad the new...
Water is a precondition for life, an indispensable resource for the economy, and it plays a fundamental role for the...
In 2013 the wind energy sector reached 117 GW of installed capacity in Europe, and would, in a normal wind year,...
During 2011 Europe spent €406 billion (bn) on importing fossil fuels rising to €545 bn in 2012. This is around three...
Europe must tear down the barriers that are hindering the free flow of electricity and drastically increase interconnection to push Member States toward an Energy Union.