Vision, mission and values
Wind energy will be the leading technology in transforming the global energy supply structure towards a truly sustainable energy future based on indigenous, non-polluting and competitive renewable technologies.
Through effective communication and its engagement in the political decision-making processes, it is EWEA’s objective to facilitate national and international policies and initiatives that strengthen the development of European and global wind energy markets, infrastructure and technology in order to achieve a more sustainable and cleaner energy future.
To achieve this, EWEA shall work to:
- Act as a single European voice to promote, through the joint efforts of its members, the best interest of the wind energy sector;
- Develop and communicate effective strategic policies and initiatives to influence the political process in a direction that maintains and creates stable markets and overcome barriers to the deployment of wind energy;
- Turn the opportunity created by the large turnover in European generating capacity over the next two decades into benefits for the European wind energy sector;
- Further develop Europe’s position as a driver for global growth of the wind energy sector in close coordination with national, regional and global organisations and companies;
- Communicate the benefits and potential of wind energy to politicians, opinion formers, decision makers, business, the media, the public, NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Act as the central network on wind energy issues for its members and interact with wider constituencies.
The EWEA Secretariat’s goal is to make EWEA the leading wind power voice and the driving force for the future direction of the sector by:
- Establishing EWEA as the key source for quality input into the policy and legislative processes;
- Establishing EWEA as the core reference for Brussels/international media and external stakeholders;
- Ensuring the EWEA Secretariat works in close partnership with its members and other relevant organisations;
- Ensuring EWEA's profile and reputation are world class.
EWEA will prioritise six strategic objectives:
- Ensuring a long-term, stable EU policy framework for wind energy in Europe for the period after 2010 in the form of targets, payment mechanisms, and the removal of administrative and grid-access barriers.
- Working towards establishing adequate political and regulatory environments for ensuring that existing and new onshore and offshore grid infrastructure is planned, built, upgraded and operated with large-scale wind energy in mind.
- Communicating wind energy as a popular, mainstream power technology and a key solution to the emerging energy and climate crisis.
- Promoting a European framework for offshore wind energy.
- Improving conditions for European wind energy research under FP7 and FP8.
- Ensuring that the EU's climate change legislative framework recognises the significant role that wind power can play in reducing the EU's CO2 emissions and, and in close cooperation with GWEC, ensure that the post-Kyoto framework negotiations recognise the significant role that wind power can play in reducing CO2 emissions globally.
DEDICATION - We are committed and motivated about our work. EWEA is not just a place to work but a frame of mind.
TEAM SPIRIT - Driven by a common goal, we support and value each other’s work. A success for one is a success for all.
RESPECT - EWEA is an open minded and flexible workplace where personal and cultural diversity is valued.
ACHIEVEMENT - Stimulated by our objectives, we take great pride in meaningful results and thoroughly enjoy out achievements.
DYNAMISM - We are energetic, versatile, skilled professionals, injecting vitality and enthusiasm in all our activities.
INTEGRITY - Integrity is the foundation of our actions which reinforces our position as a trusted partner for stakeholders, decision makers and the community.
RESPONSIBILITY - By promoting wind energy through our actions, we embrace our responsibility towards future generations.