Vision, mission and values
Wind energy will be the leading technology in transforming the global energy supply structure towards a truly sustainable energy future based on indigenous, non-polluting and competitive renewable technologies.
Through effective communication and its engagement in the political decision-making processes, it is EWEA's objective to facilitate national and international policies and initiatives that strengthen the development of European and global wind energy markets, infrastructure and technology in order to achieve a more sustainable and cleaner energy future.
To achieve this, EWEA shall work to:
- Act as a single European voice to promote, through the joint efforts of its members, the best interest of the wind energy sector;
- Develop and communicate effective strategic policies and initiatives to influence the political process in a direction that maintains and creates stable markets and overcome barriers to the deployment of wind energy;
- Turn the opportunity created by the large turnover in European generating capacity over the next two decades into benefits for the European wind energy sector;
- Further develop Europe's position as a driver for global growth of the wind energy sector in close coordination with national, regional and global organisations and companies;
- Communicate the benefits and potential of wind energy to politicians, opinion formers, decision makers, business, the media, the public, NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Act as the central network on wind energy issues for its members and interact with wider constituencies.
The EWEA Secretariat's goal is to make EWEA the leading wind power voice and the driving force for the future direction of the sector by:
- Establishing EWEA as the key source for quality input into the policy and legislative processes;
- Establishing EWEA as the core reference for Brussels/international media and external stakeholders;
- Ensuring the EWEA Secretariat works in close partnership with its members and other relevant organisations;
- Ensuring EWEA's profile and reputation are world class.
EWEA will prioritise six strategic objectives:
- Secure the largest possible market share in and develop the full potential of today's European wind markets by meeting the 2020 targets;
- Destroy the myth that fossil fuels and nuclear energy are not subsidised. Promote "the polluter pays" principle. Expose the level of hidden subsidy that is provided to the other forms of electrical generation;
- Promote a long–term stable framework and attract new investment;
- Promote wind energy research, development and innovation (R, D & I) to maintain European technological leadership, enhance the affordability of wind energy and ensure optimal use of European research funds, supporting European academia, research institutes and industry;
- Promote grid development, operation and markets to integrate large quantities of wind energy in a cost efficient way;
- Work to ensure sufficient access to finance is available for the wind industry at a cost reflecting actual rather than perceived risk, while working to ensure that political risk is minimised.
- DEDICATION - We are committed and motivated about our work. EWEA is not just a place to work but a frame of mind.
- TEAM SPIRIT - Driven by a common goal, we support and value each other's work. A success for one is a success for all.
- RESPECT - EWEA is an open minded and flexible workplace where personal and cultural diversity is valued.
- ACHIEVEMENT - Stimulated by our objectives, we take great pride in meaningful results and thoroughly enjoy out achievements.
- DYNAMISM - We are energetic, versatile, skilled professionals, injecting vitality and enthusiasm in all our activities.
- INTEGRITY - Integrity is the foundation of our actions which reinforces our position as a trusted partner for stakeholders, decision makers and the community.
- RESPONSIBILITY - By promoting wind energy through our actions, we embrace our responsibility towards future generations.