Uniting the industry at EWEA OFFSHORE 2015
Three of the biggest players on the European offshore wind stage – developer – utility DONG Energy and turbine makers MHI-Vestas and Siemens – have taken the extraordinary step of putting their names to a document intended to unify the sector at a critical point in its history. A the top of their Joint Declaration for United Industry? “Cost reduction”.
JOINT DECLARATION FOR A UNITED INDUSTRY
The offshore wind industry is shaping tomorrow’s decarbonised economic development with a sustainable and secured energy supply. Through industrialisation, constant innovation, optimisation of products, processes and solutions, offshore wind energy is establishing itself as an indispensable source in Europe’s energy mix.
The offshore wind industry stakeholders contribute to the reduction of the cost of energy every day. To fulfill its ambitions, the industry needs to stand united and committed to deliver a strong and dedicated effort to cost reduction.
As a united industry, the joint and individual actions taken across the whole of the value chain should deliver the long-term major and tangible advancements, which are necessary for the development of an affordable energy source and a large, strong and competitive industry that creates jobs in Europe.
We support a United Industry, and commit to:
- Keep cost reduction as the main goal in our innovations
- Continuously ensure our products and services contribute to the reduction of Cost of Energy
- Seek to work together and develop partnerships
- Share best practice
- Support the development of standards in the offshore wind industry
- Engage proactively in dialogue with authorities to ensure cost-efficient regulation.