- 17/11/2015 Wind energy can overtake coal and gas as Europe's largest power source by 2030
- 11/11/2015 IEA report shows global transition to renewables is underway
- 07/10/2015 EWEA’s annual event to team up with WindEnergy Hamburg in 2016
- 16/09/2015 Wind power to serve a quarter of Europe's electricity demand by 2030
- 14/09/2015 EWEA appoints Giles Dickson as new CEO
- See more news »
- 31/12/14EWEA Blog closed indefinitely
- 31/07/14Where will wind energy be in 2020?
- 10/07/14Top EU journalists join EWEA trip to Portugal
- 30/06/14Large international gathering attends EWEA’s summer reception
- 12/06/14Donate to charity? Buy lemon pie? What would you do with €2?
- 04/06/14US and China to cut power plant emissions
- 30/05/14Millions of workers call for climate action
- 16/05/14“Boost energy independence with higher renewables targets”, associations tell Barroso
Wind energy already plays a significant role in the European power sector. In 2014, the wind industry installed 11,791...
Recent regulatory and economic developments in the EU have significantly changed the wind energy perspective for the...
REserviceS was the first project to investigate wind and solar based grid support services at EU level. It provides...
EWEA saw some significant developments in 2013 with Thomas Becker becoming its new CEO, and Andrew Garrad the new...
Water is a precondition for life, an indispensable resource for the economy, and it plays a fundamental role for the...
Europe must tear down the barriers that are hindering the free flow of electricity and drastically increase interconnection to push Member States toward an Energy Union.