Science and research
Track Chair: Peter Tavner, Emeritus Professor, School of Engineering & Computing Sciences, Durham University, United Kingdom
The EWEA2012 Scientific and Research Track is organised by the European Academy of Wind Energy, a world-leading Wind Energy Academic & Research Community. The Scientific and Research Track aims to bring EWEA2012 Delegates leading edge wind energy research results, keeping Europe in the fore-front of wind energy pre-competitive innovation. The Scientific Track offers a forum for in-depth presentations and discussions on progress and results of wind-energy-related scientific research. The intended audiences will be colleague-researchers and engineers from R&D institutions, universities and industry. The scope of work presented will range from long-term research to analysis, development and improvement of design tools.
The Scientific and Research Track is not intended to address the direct application of R&D results and tools, which will be presented in the General Tracks.
Sessions in this track:
- Wind turbine response: modelling and measurements;
- Wind turbine arrays and grid issues;
- Wind turbine up-scaling research;
- De-risking offshore wind turbine design;
- Offshore wind energy resource and wakes;
- Innovative wind turbine drive train research;
- Innovative wind turbine control;
- The reliable wind turbine: what can intelligent health monitoring achieve?
Our events are your events.
Like what you see? Something missing? Have an idea for an interesting format for this session? Click here to send us an email with your questions and comments, and we’ll pass it on to the Track Chair!