EWEA events, WW200905
Job vacancy at EWEA: Communications Director
The European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) is seeking a Communications Director to promote wind energy in the public and policy arena.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Leading and implementing political communication strategies and tactics for EWEA
2. Act as chief media officer and in charge of media relations
3. Developing and delivering key communication tools and messages for EWEA
4. Manage all aspects of communications tools and projects - website, photo library, reports and press releases, bimonthly magazines and newsletters
5. Line manage 4 staff, plus external editor, journalists and contractors
6. Run and implement media strategy for launches, press conferences, reports, events, and other EWEA public projects
7. Co-ordinate closely with EWEA Marketing & Sales, Events and Policy Units
Applicants will need to have at least 10 years experience of senior communications, preferably in an international environment, excellent media relations, political campaigns and staff and project management experience. The ideal candidate has knowledge about and experience in energy related communications.
Applicants must have excellent written and oral English and a second language French/German/Spanish.
More information and application details on www.ewea.org