EWEA Annual event (formerly known as EWEC)
14-17 March 2011, Brussels, Belgium
- Number of participants
- Leading exhibitors
- Expert speakers
- Quality sessions
Towards more sustainable events - spotlight on EWEA 2011:
- Total score of 62% against industry average of 44%
- 89% of event waste was recycled
- 100% of the exhibition hall carpet (31,340m²) was collected and recycled
- 60% of all food served was sourced locally
- 3,000 public transport tickets distributed to participants
- €9,000 donated to Renewable World for wind powered water pump for farmers in Mozambique
The target year of 2020 is coming up fast and 2030 is just around the corner. A new fuel power plant can expect to run for 35 years or more. What needs to happen next, what will our energy investment choices be, and what difference will they make?
New legislation needed now to meet EU 2050 climate commitment
The EU must put extra legislation in place in the lifetime of the current European Commission if it is to meet its commitment to cut domestic carbon emissions by 80-95% by 2050 warned the European Wind Energy Association.
"When we talk about the electricity sector, not the total energy consumption, but electricity, than I think by 2050 we’ll have 100% renewables in Europe. I think that is perfectly doable,” said EU Climate Action Commissioner Connie Hedegaard today at the EWEA 2011 Annual Event.
- 200 top speakers
- 300 specialist presentations
- 40 high-quality sessions
All aspects of wind covered!
See you next year in Copenhagen!
+32 2 213 18 00
"High quality, state of the art and well organised"
Platinium media partners