Wind Energy - The Facts
Sunday 15 March 2009, 10:00 – 16:00
‘Wind Energy – The Facts’ is a European Commission-funded project, widely considered to be the most important wind energy reference in the world. It presents a detailed overview of the wind energy sector, with the most up-to-date and in-depth information on the essential issues concerning wind power today.
The new edition of the ‘Wind Energy - The Facts’ publication formed the basis for a comprehensive pre-conference seminar designed to give an insight into all aspects of the wind energy industry.
Newcomers to wind energy and those wishing to refresh their knowledge of the essential issues concerning wind power today benefited from a detailed overview of the wind energy sector, delivered by a consortium of experts from all over Europe.
Organised by French Wind Energy Association (FEE) and the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA), the event brought together a broad range of stakeholders from the wind energy sector, public administration and the media.
Pre-conference seminar programme
09:00 - 10:00 Registration and welcome coffee
10:00 - 11:00
- Welcome and opening speech : Charles Dugué, CEO, French Wind Energy Association (FEE)
- Fundamentals of wind energy: Christian Kjaer, CEO, European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) and Charles Dugué, CEO, French Wind Energy Association (FEE)
- Wind resource estimation: Andrew Tindal, Garrad Hassan & Partners, United Kingdom
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee break
11:30 - 12:20
- Wind turbine technology (including offshore): Peter Jamieson, Garrad Hassan & Partners, United Kingdom
- Industry and Markets/Scenarios: Bruce Douglas, COO, European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) and Nicolas Wolff, French Wind Energy Association (FEE) Board Member
12:20 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:45
- Grid Integration: Frans Van Hulle, External Technical Consultant, XPwind, Belgium
- Economics of wind power – status and perspective: Poul Erik Morthorst, Risø DTU, Denmark
14:30 - 14:45 Coffee break
14:45 - 16:00
- Support schemes for renewables in EU: Benjamin Pfluger, Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Germany
- Direct employment in the wind energy sector - an EU study: Isabel Blanco, Gamesa Energia, Spain
- Environment: John Twidell, AMSET Centre, United Kingdom
16:00 Final remarks/Reception
All presentations will be followed by a short Q&A.
The seminar will be translated into French.