Wind Energy - The Facts
Organised by French Wind Energy Association (FEE) and the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA), the event brought together a broad range of stakeholders from the wind energy sector, public administration and the media.
Pre-conference seminar programme
09:00 - 10:00 Registration and welcome coffee
10:00 - 11:00
- Wind resource estimation: Andrew Tindal, Garrad Hassan & Partners, United Kingdom
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee break
11:30 - 12:20
- Wind turbine technology (including offshore): Peter Jamieson, Garrad Hassan & Partners, United Kingdom
- Industry and Markets/Scenarios: Bruce Douglas, COO, European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) and Nicolas Wolff, French Wind Energy Association (FEE) Board Member
12:20 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:45
- Grid Integration: Frans Van Hulle, External Technical Consultant, XPwind, Belgium
14:30 - 14:45 Coffee break
14:45 - 16:00
- Support schemes for renewables in EU: Benjamin Pfluger, Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Germany
- Direct employment in the wind energy sector - an EU study: Isabel Blanco, Gamesa Energia, Spain
- Environment: John Twidell, AMSET Centre, United Kingdom
16:00 Final remarks/Reception
All presentations will be followed by a short Q&A.
The seminar will be translated into French.