Niedersachsen is a land of pioneers in wind power on land and sea. With its seaports along its coast, ideal conditions for building and maintaining offshore wind farms in the North Sea are already in place – and Niedersachsen has much more to offer. A broad-based wind power industry has evolved: from planning and development to finance, production and installation to operation and maintenance, you’ll find excellent partners in Niedersachsen, along with top-class research and development for innovative solutions in the offshore industry.
Niedersachsen’s Minister for Economic, Labour and Transport, Olaf Lies, will open this session with a presentation about the many advantages Niedersachsen has to offer offshore business enterprises. Get to know the state’s harbour locations and potential partners from industry and research and meet with experts and stakeholders from Niedersachsen at the networking reception which follows this event.
Welcome by Olaf Lies, Niedersachsen Minister for Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport
- Niedersachsen’s seaports as logistics bases & strategic hubs for the offshore business (Inke Onnen-Lübben, Seaports of Niedersachsen GmbH and Joachim Birk, Niedersachsen Ports GmbH & Co. KG)
- Cuxhaven – from the offshore base out into the North Sea (Dr. Hans-Joachim Stietzel, AfW Agentur für Wirtschaftsförderung Cuxhaven)
- The powerhouse of Germany: Niedersachsen’s offshore industry (Irina Lucke, EWE Offshore Service & Solution GmbH)
- Excellent wind power research for industrial projects (Dr. Stephen Bart, ForWind Center for Wind Energy Reasearch)
- The network for the wind power energy sector (Ronny Meyer, WAB Windenergie-Agentur – Network for Wind Energy Industry)
Followed by networking reception
This side event is open to all registered event participants. No additional registration required. For more information, visit http://www.nds.de/int.