Wednesday, 20 November, 14:00-19:00
Messe Frankfurt, Hall 3, level Via, East, room Kontrast
FEE, the French Wind Energy Association, organizes a workshop on challenges and opportunities of the French offshore market.
The French-German Office for Renewable Energies organizes a workshop on opportunities and prospects for offshore wind industry in France and Germany.
These two workshops will be followed by a networking reception.
14:00-15:30 “A Green Energy for a Blue Growth: Challenges and opportunities of the French offshore wind market” (FEE, the French Wind Energy Association)
Discussion will cover:
- The French wind energy market in a leading European wind energy market
- Challenges and opportunities of the French offshore wind market
- Current projects, feedbacks from the French offshore wind first round and next steps
- Conditions of development for offshore wind industry in France
- Benefits for territories of offshore wind energy transition
Coordinated by Pierre Parvex, Director of Development for Renewable energies at GDF Suez and Member of the Board of Directors of FEE
- Introduction by Anne-Bénédicte Genachte, European Wind Energy Association – EWEA
- Georgina Grenon, Directorate for Energy, Ministry of Ecology and Energy
- Nicolas Mayer-Rossignol, President of Haute-Normandie Region
- Christophe Clergeau, 1st Vice-president of Pays de La Loire Region
- Philippe Kavafyan, Executive Director for France, AREVA Wind
- Jean-François Petit, Deputy Director, EOLE-Res
- Hélène Gelas, Lawyer, CGR Legal
The round-table conference will be in French with simultaneous interpretation into English. It will be followed by a workshop from the Franco-German Office for Renewables (OFA EnR) from 15:45 to 17:45 and a networking reception at 18:00.
15:45-17:45 “Opportunities and prospects for the offshore wind industry in France and Germany” (FRENCH-GERMAN OFFICE FOR RENEWABLE ENERGIES)
This workshop aims to discuss opportunities and prospects for the offshore wind industry in France and in Germany. Speakers from EWEA, Areva Wind, Alstom and the German Offshore foundation will talk about the current status of the offshore wind business in France and in Germany, as well as challenges in grid connection. They will also present examples for regional investments and how to encourage the development of a competitive industry.
All presentations will be held in French and in German with simultaneous translation.
|15:45-15:55||Welcome speech, Mélanie Persem, Director, French-German Office for Renewable Energies|
|15:55-16:10||Encouraging industrial development of offshore wind energy in Europe – challenges and opportunities (comparison France-Germany), Anne-Bénédicte Genachte, Regulatory Affairs Advisor Offshore Wind Power, EWEA|
|16:10-16:30||Regional investment for developing a competitive offshore wind industry in France – the example of Bremerhaven, Philippe Kavafyan, Managing Director Offshore France, Areva Wind|
|16:30-16:50||Offshore wind energy in Germany: costs, potential and industrial value, Andreas Wagner, Managing Director, German Offshore foundation|
|16:50-17:10||The DolWin3 project and offshore grid connection in Germany: challenges and recommendations, Grégoire Bour, Commercial Director, Alstom Grid|
|17:10-17:45||Questions and resume|
To attend this workshop, first register for EWEA OFFSHORE 2013 then sign up for this workshop here: http://enr-ee.com/fr/news/news-storage/inscription/event/conference-au-salon-ewea-offshore/