Wind Directions, published four times a year by the European Wind Energy Association, is the leading European wind industry magazine. It has been reporting on the wind industry since 1978 and has over 27,000 subscribers in the wind industry.
The magazine offers more quality information on EU policy than any other renewable energy magazine, as well as more incisive regular interviews with key political and industry figures. It provides clearly written, expert insight into wind energy technology, industry and on EWEA’s activities, as well as in-depth commentary and analysis of the issues relevant to the energy industry.
Wind Directions highlights the benefits of wind power and positions it as the leading technology in transforming the global energy supply structure towards a truly sustainable energy future based on indigenous, non-polluting and competitive renewable energy technologies.
Wind Directions, November 2013: 2030 targets - bringing stability
Binding renewable energy, greenhouse gas reduction and energy efficiency targets for 2030 are urgently needed in the EU to ensure the renewable energy sector continues to grow and provide clean electricity, energy security, green jobs and export opportunities.
But can a target really be the silver bullet the industry claims?
Sarah Azau investigates.
Interviews and comment:
• Xabier Etxeberria, Business CEO, Gamesa
• Henrik Poulsen, CEO, DONG Energy
• Michael Hannigan, CEO Offshore, Siemens Wind Power
• What are the real risks of offshore financing?
• Better wind resource mapping with a mouse-click
• How a wind-powered fridge changed a community
• Thirty-five years of Wind Directions
• Brussels Briefing for the latest EU news
• Wind News for an industry update
• Country Focus for a national picture
...and many more.
Read the latest Wind Directions now...