Where do we go from here? Energy policy after 2020 pubilc debate
The European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) invites you to a public debate entitled “Where do we go from here? Energy policy after 2020”. The event will be held in Brussels during the European Sustainable Energy Week, on 26 June 2013, 10.00-12.00, in the Charlemagne Building, Room Mansholt.
The event will discuss what needs to happen in terms of post-2020 policy on renewable energy, climate action and energy efficiency. It will be an opportunity to discuss future EU energy policy with a range of opinion-formers in and around the EU institutions.
The format of the debate will be straightforward, bringing together a panel of four or five high level speakers, to discuss together – without speeches but through questions from a specialist journalist – some of the following key issues:
• What policies should follow the 20-20-20 targets?
• Do we need post-2020 renewable energy targets?
• What role for the Emissions Trading System?
• Should there be binding emissions reductions targets; should they be fixed by sector?
• Is there a case for Emissions Performance Standards for power plants?
• What would the R&D and infrastructure requirements be?
• What would the impact on jobs, competitiveness and energy prices be?
• What should the timetable for putting post-2020 energy policy in place be?
Invited speakers include high level representatives from the European institutions, business organisations and NGOs.
Please register below by 21 June to confirm your attendance.
For further questions, contact Elke Zander at email@example.com