Wind Turbine Sound 2014
9-10 December 2014, Malmö, Sweden
The second edition of EWEA’s technology workshop on wind turbine sound will take place in Malmö, Sweden, on 9-10 December 2014.
To stay informed about workshop developments, please register your interest using the form at the bottom of this page.
Online registration is now open for presenters and participants.
Register before 30 September and benefit from our early bird rates.
The workshop’s programme is now available.
More speaker names will be added soon, so please check this page regularly for updates.
You can also check out which posters will be presented at the event.
The 2014 EWEA sound workshop will have common threads running through the different sessions. These threads are:
- Amplitude modulation (AM/OAM)
- Low-frequency sounds (LFS)
- Sound levels
In relation with these threads, the workshop will cover the following topics:
- Human perception of sound
- National guidelines on noise
- Real-world sound measurements
- Wind farm design
- Wind turbine design
- Impact of noise curtailment on wind farm operations
Discover the venue, plan your trip to Malmö and take advantage of the preferential rates negotiated by EWEA in a selection of hotels ideally located close to the venue.
Who will attend?
The workshop is expected to attract 150-200 professionals including:
- Turbine & supply chain manufacturers: aero-acousticians, mechanical engineers
- Project developers: sound analysts, wind farm designers, developers
- Merchant banks/finance houses: risk assessors
- Acoustic consultancies: sound analysts, wind farm designers
- Academics & researchers
To be kept informed about workshop developments complete the form below: