Wind turbine sound – 2nd edition
The second edition of EWEA’s technology workshop on wind turbine sound will take place in the 4th quarter of 2014.
Exact date and location will be announced shortly on this page.
To stay informed about workshop developments, please register your interest using the form at the bottom of this page.
Call for abstracts open
The call for abstracts is now open!
To submit your abstract, click here.
Threads and topics
The 2014 EWEA sound workshop will have common threads running through the different sessions. These threads are:
- Amplitude modulation (AM/OAM)
- Low-frequency sounds (LFS)
- Sound levels
In relation with these threads, the workshop will cover the following topics:
- Human perception of sound
- National guidelines on noise
- Real-world sound measurements
- Wind farm design
- Wind turbine design
- Impact of noise curtailment on wind farm operations
To be kept informed about workshop developments, register your interest here.