17:00 - 18:30 Aerodynamics
Aerodynamic performance with new designs, modifications on airfoil, simulation and assessment methods.
- To identify effects of leading edge modifications on airfoil performance
- How to design high performance of low lift airfoil families
- To select new simulation method in aerodynamic design code
- To better assess aerodynamic loads in wind farms at high wind speeds
- To assess the difference in aerodynamic characteristics for 2 vs 3 blades rotors on 10MW WTG
Lead Session Chair:
Peter Eecen, ECN, The Netherlands
Bernard Stoevesandt , Fraunhofer/IWES, Germany
Panagiotis Chaviaropoulos (1) F Giorgos Sieros (2) John Prospathopoulos (1) Konstantinos Diakakis (1) Spyros Voutsinas (1)
(1) NTUA, Athens, Greece (2) CRES, Pikermi, Greece
Printer friendly version: Print
Presenter's biographyBiographies are supplied directly by presenters at EWEA 2015 and are published here unedited
Mechanical Engineer with a PhD degree (NTUA 1987). Presently, Senior Research Associate at NTUA. Last twenty years working in the fields of horizontal axis wind turbines aeroelasticity and complex terrain wind field modelling. President of European Academy for Wind Energy www.eawe.eu (2006-2007). Chairman of the Scientific Committee of the European Wind Energy Conferences EWEC 2007 and EWEC 2008. Vice-Chairman of the European Wind Energy Technology Platform (2007-2012). EAWE Scientific Award 2010.