- 15/06/2015 Global businesses turn to wind power
- 08/06/2015 European Commission needs new controls to ensure EU meets 27% RES target by 2030
- 06/05/2015 EWEA welcomes deal on reform of the ETS; carbon reserve in 2019
- 06/05/2015 EWEA appoints Kristian Ruby as Chief Policy Officer
- 20/03/2015 EWEA CEO Thomas Becker steps down from association after two years of service
- See more news »
- 31/07/14Where will wind energy be in 2020?
- 10/07/14Top EU journalists join EWEA trip to Portugal
- 30/06/14Large international gathering attends EWEA’s summer reception
- 12/06/14Donate to charity? Buy lemon pie? What would you do with €2?
- 04/06/14US and China to cut power plant emissions
- 30/05/14Millions of workers call for climate action
- 16/05/14“Boost energy independence with higher renewables targets”, associations tell Barroso
- 13/05/14Price of cutting power sector emissions hits $44 trillion
EWEA's previous wind energy scenarios were published in 2009 ("Pure Power 2") following the adoption of the...
REserviceS was the first project to investigate wind and solar based grid support services at EU level. It provides...
EWEA saw some significant developments in 2013 with Thomas Becker becoming its new CEO, and Andrew Garrad the new...
Water is a precondition for life, an indispensable resource for the economy, and it plays a fundamental role for the...
In 2013 the wind energy sector reached 117 GW of installed capacity in Europe, and would, in a normal wind year,...
During 2011 Europe spent €406 billion (bn) on importing fossil fuels rising to €545 bn in 2012. This is around three...
Europe must tear down the barriers that are hindering the free flow of electricity and drastically increase interconnection to push Member States toward an Energy Union.